Ofsted and Performance Data
Celebrating a highly successful Ofsted Inspection
Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in April 2023. We were very pleased that the overall inspection judgment was that our school continues to be a good school.
His Majesty’s Inspector, who led the inspection, recognised many strengths in the school including: ‘pupils achieve well’, ‘effective and trusting relationships with families’ ‘wide range of opportunities on offer’ and that pupils are ‘respectful and tolerant of everyone in the school community and beyond’. Inspectors also praised the ambition of leaders to ensure every child is a reader.
More report highlights include:
- Leaders, including those from the trust, have been rigorous in developing the school’s curriculum. They are relentless in their focus to ensure that all pupils recall more knowledge over time.
- Pupils with SEND learn the same curriculum as their peers. They do well because leaders quickly identify pupils’ barriers and put in the right support. The special educational needs and disabilities coordinator (SENDCo) has, through regular ‘MOT’ discussions, helped staff to understand how to break down the curriculum into smaller steps. This has had a positive impact.
- Pupils know of the importance of positive mental health. They recognise that they might find things hard, but that they should ‘keep trying and not let things get you down’. Pupils who need additional help to regulate emotions do well because they are given effective support.
- Pupils are respectful and tolerant of everyone in the school community and beyond. This prepares them well for life in modern society. They learn to listen to different viewpoints and to debate different ideas in considered ways.
- Parents and carers speak highly of the school. Families of children who attend the pre-school particularly appreciate how relationships are nurtured. As one parent commented, typical of many, ‘Every child is valued at this school.’
You can read the inspection report below.
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.