Q18: How are parents of children and young people with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities involved in the education of their child?
Staff are always approachable so parents feel involved in the education of their child. They are highly visible before and after school and appointments to meet with teachers are welcomed.
In addition, our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child through a variety of different ways including, for example:
- meetings with SENDCo, class teacher and support staff;
- target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next;
- home/school books to inform parents of important information;
- reading record books;
- Head of School's weekly newsletter;
- weekly Special Assemblies for families;
- information on the school website;
- parents' evenings;
- Open sessions to view work books and classroom displays;
- annual school report to parents.